Learning something new is another resolution I have penned down for year 2011. Recently a friend delivered a baby girl and I wanted to make something handmade for the little one. I already had a baby quilt made but decided to try a pattern I downloaded from the net a long while back but never got the change (or gut) to try.
I am pretty sure many of you would recognise the dress pattern. It is available for free from Made by Rae.
To my delight, the pattern was very simple and easy to whip, I finished the dress in couple of hours and decided to add a matching ball with a little bell in it for good measure *grin*
I used Moda fabrics for both the dress and the ball and used a flannel for the bodice lining. I made the bodice piping and bias trim for the dress from the burgundy polka dot Moda fabric.
My only concern while making the dress was the raw edges on the bodice where you attach the piping and the skirt. I read and reread the instruction, but the issue was not addressed. So, I made my own modification. I sew cotton twill tape to hide the raw edges (Japanese style sewing - sorry no pic)
The gifts have been presented. I'll update once I get a picture of Puteri Merissa in the itty bitty dress from her mommy.Pin It