|Grab a button and spread the word.. the more the merrier!!|
An Appliqué project by Kajsa from Syko of a vase with flowers.
What will we need:
- Free PDF pattern
- Step by step instructions from sew mama sew page
- Double-sided, iron on adhesive with paper backing (also known as fusible web)
- Appliqué foot for sewing machine
- Black machine embroidery thread
- Background fabric, 10″x13″
- Blue fabric for the vase, 6″ x 7″
- Fabric scraps for the flowers
- Red & white gingham scrap for the table
1. Print pattern, instruction and choose fabrics - 11 - 17 April (1 week)
2. Trace, iron on fabric and cut - (Instruction 1-2 on instruction page) - 18 - 24 April (1 week)
3. Arrange on background fabric and iron - (Instruction 3-4 on instruction page) - 25 April - 1 May (1 week)
4. Appliqué the pieces - (Instruction 6 -7 on instruction page) - 2 - 8 May (1 week)
1.The project is simple enough even for beginners, and though the instructions are for machine Appliqué, anybody not confident or familiar with sewing machine can still join in and Appliqué with hand.
2.The project is spread over 4 weeks to allow ample time for everyone to complete each stage and have time for other commitments. If you complete a stage early or complete the whole project at one go, do record your progress of each stage and post pictures for others to view and comment.
5. Kak Ros
6. Kak Dee
At the moment
13 15 17 18 crafters have shown interest in joining in the fun, it is never too late to join.. Do leave a comment if you are interested to participate in the sew along.