Monday, November 22, 2010

The end of the road

Do I sound corny and sappy.. 
It's MONDAY and so I'm allowed to feel that way 
*sheepish grin*

The last of the LOVE U panel (turned into a baby quilt) has been completed and sent to its rightful owner. I feel relieved and at the same time sad to see it go. Relieved that now finally I can move on to working on different baby quilt designs and prints, and sad as having been working on the panels since I bought them (in bulk) earlier this year, I'm going to miss the familiarity they brought into my life *sappy sobs*
I use the same yellow twirl fabric for the border as in the wall hanging in the previous post. The label is hand stitched on the bottom-right hand corner of the quilt.

I used fabric by Moda (light yellow) for the back and added another fabric (in blue) as borders for the top and bottom.

To complete the look, I binded the quilt with similar red polka dot fabrics as the second border right after the centre panel. 

I also SOLD about 12 of this panels to my fellow bloggers.. Wonder if any of you have turned it into a quilt or a wall-hanging or maybe something else? 
Pin It

3 comments:

MamaDaniel said...

cantik la cik sue.. quilting pun saya suka.. cik sue buat binding tu guna mesin ek? tak blind stitch ek? saya pernah tgk tutorial on this machine binding technic, tapi belum berani cuba... :)

MyBotanG said...

hi Mama Daniel - yup, the binding is machine quilted.. it is pretty easy where you need sew the back binding first (mcm biasa) and fold, pin and stitch the front, but kena make sure yg bahagian depan tu covers more than the back.. (sounds more complicated than it actually is..)
p/s - please just call me sue.. :)

anna said...

I love the winter boots very much,so last day I purchased two pairs of ugg wintetr boots and some nice nike running shoes from a shop,For my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,I think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you! Power Balance are also very poplar and fashion for you.I think you should have a try!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails