Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Your first love

Remember this fabric? I have used it to make many things. One of the it being a quilted wall-hanging. I made it for a friend in the UK. It was my first quilt commision and I had hard time deciding everything from what colour thread to use, to border material and number of loops. After much consultation and reassurance from my friend, I came up with this. I hand quilted the circles (used different sized plates to draw the circles) and machine quilted the diagonal lines.


I love how it turned out. It is now hanging in my friend's home. I am happy and honoured that my artwork is part of someone's life.
Pin It

4 comments:

Hobby Mummy said...

It's absolutely beautiful! .Really love the centre fabric.

Hope to get to Japan one day!

MyBotanG said...

Thanks for the sweet comment. I'm a beginner and still have loads to learn.

Do come to Japan - we can go fabric shopping together :D

BoeyJoey said...

This would look great as a wall hanging piece in the living hall/ guest room/ staircase landing, entrance. So beautiful.

MyBotanG said...

Thanks BoeyJoey, it would look pretty hanging in those places. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails